Many of you have asked how you can send us a letter or package! Thank you! We are so encouraged and feel so loved at the outpour of support for us! Even practical support can be of the greatest encouragement!
To ship use the USPS priority mail international flat rate box. For sizes and prices, click here. For letters, a Global Forever stamp is only $1.15 (click here). We would LOVE to hear from you! Who doesn't love to receive mail?! Please add us to your Christmas card list too!
Our mailing address in Ethiopia is:
Brian and Autumn Hodges
c/o Soddo Christian Hospital
P.O. Box 305
IDEAS FOR CARE PACKAGES:
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Dark Chocolate (With Mint is Autumn's Favorite :) )
- Clif "Builder's Protein" Bars (Chocolate is Brian's Favorite)
- Larabars (Any Variety) and Larabar Bites (Any Variety)
- Spices (Allspice, Basil, Oregano, Tarragon)
- Tea (Tazo Chai, Celestial Seasonings Dirty Chai and Coconut Thai Chai, Tazo Wild Sweet Orange, Good Earth Sweet and Spicy)
- Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- Dried Mangoes
- Dried Pineapple
- Granola Bars
- Rechargeable Batteries: AA/AAA
- Ziplocs: Quart, Half Gallon, Gallon Sizes
- Stain Remover Pen (OxyClean Max Force Gel Pen, Tide-To-Go, Etc.)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Travel Size Clorox Wipes
- Travel Size Wet Ones
- A note from you!! We would LOVE to hear from you! Especially during the holidays! We love receiving Christmas cards, photo cards, and pictures. It is such a blessing to see how you are all doing and how families are growing. Please keep us on your list! We save every card and picture so that we may pray for you throughout the year!! It's our family tradition!
- Books (Our kids are 10, 7, 5, and 2, and love reading!)
- Amazon Gift Cards for e-Books or Audiobooks
- DVDs or Amazon Gift Cards for Movies
- iTunes Gift Cards for Music, Audiobooks, or Movies
TIPS FOR SENDING A PACKAGE
(1) While it may ruin the surprise, please contact us if you have any questions or doubts about something you are sending. It could be that we have certain items readily available to us in our area, or we may already own certain items (books, games, dvds, etc.). We will still be incredibly grateful even if the surprise element happens to be removed!! (2) Remove items from their original packaging to prevent theft. Items that are in original packaging can easily be resold if the package is opened. To prevent that temptation, you can put items in ziploc bags. Ziplocs can be hard for us to come by or more expensive, so we can always reuse them! You can also use them to protect items and fill empty spaces in the box. We are always grateful for more! (3) Be careful what you package together! Don’t package candles or soaps with spices or food items. They can easily take on each other’s tastes and smells and can be ruined in transit. (4) We have heard from others that taping a box well (like obnoxiously well!) can prevent a box from being opened. It’s a little harder to discreetly open a box when it’s covered in heavy duty tape!
Thank you for blessing us in this way!! A little familiarity sent in a box can really brighten our spirits and encourage us in a great way!!